The wonderful John Stewart of the Kingston Trio performing his classic song The Old Campaigner Live on the Lennon Sisters Show in 1969.
John Stewart found fame as a member of the Kingston Trio before going solo in the late 1960s to spearhead the Country-Rock movement. He is best known as a songwriter having penned Daydream Believer for the Monkees. He was a major influence on Lindsay Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac. In any Country-Rock Hall of Fame he would be a founding member. He was a huge favorite in Phoenix, Arizona in the 1970s due to Progressive Rock KDKB FM when I was a teenager. His music seemed perfect for the desert, a soundtrack for our lives. Here’s a wonderful clip from Hugh Hefner’s bizarre Playboy After Dark series.
The Classic Albums Discography
- Signals Through the Glass, John Stewart and Buffy Ford, 1968
- California Bloodlines, 1969
- Willard, 1970
- The Lonesome Picker Rides Again, 1971
- Sunstorm, 1972
- Cannons In The Rain, 1973
- The Phoenix Concerts, 1974
- Wingless Angels, 1975
- Fire In The Wind, 1977
- Bombs Away Dream Babies, 1979